By joining Extenda Retail you become part of a market leading company on a journey to build a world class team. We are a value-based company with customers all over Europe. Team spirit and partnership where everyone's contribution counts and sets the foundation of a great culture. Joining Extenda Retail gives you the opportunity not only to develop yourself professionally with our team of retail experts but also to shape something great together when innovating the market.
Extenda Retail is perfectly positioned to aggressively go after new business on a global scale. We are driven by our mission to simplify shopping and we are committed to making sure our existing and future clients thrive in the highly competitive and rapidly changing retail industry.
Our solutions include prescription management and dispensing, Retail ERP, POS and In-store solutions like Click and Collect. As we are moving towards microservices and cloud architecture you will make a day-to-day development of tasks in complex applications and help us reduce time to market.
If you want to be part of the exciting future that lies before us, then we would love for you to join us!
As Senior Developer you will work in a combined role of development and architecture. You will work with product development and give guidance to other developers in the team. You will work together with Product Managers and UX, deciphering how this should be solved from an architectural point of view, but also understanding how new technologies can open up for new and exciting innovation for our clients.
You will provide guidance within the team and requirements upon solutions and design. We run a scrum development process and we hope that you are an agile enthusiast who can help us improve as a team.
If you join our team you will find yourself in a team of retail experts developing world class standard solutions within retail and take part as a developer and architect. In the role as senior developer you will be part of discussing the architecture, tech stack and frameworks that are best suited to solve a particular problem and then finally help set this vision into life.
- Development of new and existing services
- Lead development teams and provide guidance to developers of our offshore offices.
- Working in a product-development role in a combined capacity as developer and architect.
- Help guide development teams to follow best practices and avoid anti-patterns.
- Set non-functional requirements and design and guide on what methods to use.
- Deliver our services with effectiveness and high quality
- Guiding team members to ensure that product and services within your domain is compatible with other related products
- Contributing to Extenda Retail’s overall architecture and technology strategy through the Architecture Chapter
What we are looking for
We think you are a self motivated engineer with curiosity to try new things and who never stops learning.
A skilled communicator with the ability to translate customer demands into technical matters.
A person who shares our appreciation of transparency and is willing to share stories, knowledge and experiences for the benefit of the team.
We think that you have skills in leadership with the ability to influence, coach and motivate team members.
A team member with the patience and stamina to continuously improve our team and services.
Someone with great interpersonal skills who excels in a collaborative environment.
Skills and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years as developer working with object oriented programming
- Experience of working with Domain driven design
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Since we use the following stuff it would be a big plus if you also have experience of:
- Fluent in spoken and written Norwegian
- Relational Databases and NoSQL Databases
- Continuous Deployment
- Event-driven architecture
What can we offer you?
Extenda Retail is a workplace with a young and social work environment where you get exciting and professional challenges and work with colleagues with high competencies. At Barkåker there are about 100 committed colleagues with an engagement for retail and IT technology.
Together with other senior developers and architects you will be part of group that together enable the future success of Hii Retail by providing clear direction and a shared understanding of best practice system design.