By joining Extenda Retail you become part of a market-leading company on a journey to build a world-class team. We are a value-based company with customers all over Europe. Team spirit and partnership where everyone's contribution counts, it sets the foundation of a great culture. Joining Extenda Retail gives you the opportunity not only to develop yourself professionally with our team of retail experts but also to shape something great together when innovating the market.
Extenda Retail is perfectly positioned to aggressively go after new business on a global scale. We are driven by our mission to simplify shopping and we are committed to making sure our existing and future clients thrive in the highly competitive and rapidly changing retail industry.
If you want to be part of the exciting future that lies before us, then we would love for you to join us!
As one of our Architects, your main responsibility will be to provide your guidance and knowledge to help shape the technical direction of Extenda Retail’s architecture.
The position is within Enterprise Automation, where our primary focus is on the employees of our clients, making their day as efficient and effortless as possible. This involves everything from securing Master data like Products, price, assortment and inventory to optimizing the in-store processes.
It is expected that you assist and contribute to the overall architecture of all the clans in the Enterprise Automation tribe, sharing your experience and your knowledge.
You will contribute to the company’s discussions and advisories that ensure that our company has an architecture and technology stack that supports the product strategy.
Extenda Retail has a variety of products, some of which are legacy products run on-premise, but the main focus will be our new range of products that we call Hii Retail services. These services are multi-tenant microservices running on GCP, with a wide range of tools and frameworks. These tools and frameworks are organised in a company Tech Radar, that everyone can influence and come with suggestions on.
We think you are...
A leader who listens and embraces different opinions, but is comfortable with making impactful decisions.
Someone who gravitates towards the big problems because nothing beats the feeling of solving them.
Someone who understands that learning is a continuous journey, and is willing to put in the time and effort to both obtain and to share knowledge
A proven and appreciated mentor to all seniority levels of developers.
A skilled communicator, able to build a shared understanding across technical and non-technical audiences.
An engineer at heart, who still loves to write code and takes great pride in the quality of your work.
A promoter of Agile practices and a builder of great engineering culture.
- Setting the technical direction for the Enterprise Automation Tribe in Extenda Retail
- Actively participating in the Architecture Chapter, aligning processes and methodologies, ensuring that our next generation of retail services is built according to best engineering practices
- Driving the effort of defining architectural best practices, facilitating code reviews and implementing process improvements
- Championing the building of high-quality software using test-driven development practices in an Agile development environment
- Estimating and reporting cost for tools, framework and hosting
- Overseeing all the moving parts of the system integrations
- Proactively drive architecture decision-making and have a relentless focus on improvements
Skills and requirements
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- High interest and knowledge of both current and future technologies
- Strong ownership of the delivered product
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Social, easygoing and cooperative
- The candidate must have a strong understanding of architectural design principles
- Interface segregation (BFF, API Gateway)
- Event-driven Architecture
- Availability with eventual consistency
- Service Data Replication
- Event Sourcing
- In-depth knowledge of different code testing practices
- Common patterns
- Single Responsibility (DDD and domain modelling)
- Loose coupling (Contract first, API gateways, one DB per microservice)
- Experience developing and running services in the cloud, preferably GCP
- Strong experience in OOP and the SOLID principles, preferably using .NET
- Experience working with both relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Understanding what is required off a good CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge about tracing, log aggregation, monitoring tools
Nice to have’s
- Soft skills
- Technical planning experience in organising and structuring code bases and forming decisions around technical choices like refactoring and tech debt
- The ability to clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical parties
- Architectural skills
- Great understanding of security patterns and networking vulnerability
- Database theory and the pros and cons of different database technologies
- Experience with consumer-driven contract testing
- Technical skills
- Infrastructure as a code & provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform)
The preferred location for this position is in Tønsberg (Norway), but for the right candidate, we also have an office in Oslo, as well as several offices in Sweden (Stockholm, Gothenburg and Östersund). We naturally also support working from home, but there can be days where your presence in the office is required.
What’s in it for you?
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Influence the business agility of one of the largest retail software companies in Europe
- A highly ambitious company with plans for world domination
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence what technologies the company should utilize
- Work together with a competent and fun team that enjoy what they do
- Scandinavian management style, a high degree of trust and flexibility
- Learn from other highly skilled architects to build your own competence and you might become the principal architect
- Continuous self-improvement, chance to work with a lot of new technologies over the upcoming years
- Help us influence the lives of billions through our solutions, providing powerful services and a brilliant user experience